IASUS Throat Mic Headset solution offers clear vocal communication for wearers of N95 and elastomeric masks, full-face respirators and PPE.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, professionals across a diverse range of industries—from first responders and medical professionals to retailers and service providers—have heeded the call to slow the spread of COVID-19 by wearing masks. This simple yet effective measure protects both their health and the community at large, but makes face-to-face, close proximity communication on the job more difficult.
N95 and elastomeric masks, full-face respirators and other personal protective equipment (PPE) muffle vocalizations, forcing wearers to repeat themselves and strain to hear others. This slows communication and sometimes results in misunderstandings at critical moments. In business, miscommunication can impact contracts, client relations, operational efficiency and the bottom line. On the floor of a hospital emergency room, it can impact lives. Knowing this, some mask wearers choose to temporarily remove their face coverings to ensure clarity when speaking, but that defeats the purpose.
Thankfully, IASUS Concepts has developed a solution: The IASUS Throat Mic Headset for close proximity communication.
TEN-4 Speaker Specification
- Power output: 15W
- Output impedance: 2Ω
- Charging time: 3-5 hours
- Lithium battery: 3.7v/2200mA
- Response frequency: 90Hz-18000Hz
- Working temperature: -10°C-45°C
- Amplification-use time: 15-20hours
- Dimensions: 98-88-40mm
TEN-4 Throat Mic Specifications
- Transponder – IASUS Gen 3.0 transponder
- Transponder Sensitivity – -46dB +/- 3dB
- Headphone Output – N/A
- Transponder Frequency Response – 20Hz to 20kHz (20Hz to 8kHz with +/- 10% variance)
- Headphone Impedance – 16 Ohm
- Neck size 13”-21” **neck extension sold separately
- Removable strap for washing
- Frontal integrated neck sleeve
- An IASUS designed magnetic clasp for a secure and fast engagement, with safety break-away when pulled with dangerous/excessive force